Yes sir. If you haven't already guessed, this year is the year of the wedding weight loss/toning up. I try and keep a semi-active lifestyle but the holidays ALWAYS kill me and this gal has her engagement photos in a few weeks!
|Hello old friend. |
To the rescue comes my good friend Weight Watchers. Over the years, I've found that no matter how many times I hit the gym, if I'm not watching what I stuff in my face, it won't matter if I clocked in 10 hours of spinning classes or not. I'd rather eat in moderation and spend 2 or 3 days a week working out. I'm happy to report that I'm down a few lbs. already and that is even with a Skittles binge and perhaps a few homemade Ranger cookies past 9 pm. My bad....... :-)
Here are some of my favorite tricks of the trade and snacks that I like to consume whilst keeping on the WW train.
Have I bore you enough yet with my point tracking tips :-)?
- Coconut milk creamer - 0 points. Creamy enough to add to your coffee and much better that non-fat milk.
- Roasted veggies - 0 points. Chop up a ton of your favorite veggies and roast them at 400 degrees tossing them every once in a while until slightly browned. Add to pasta, polenta, salads, baked potato...you name it!
- Air popped popcorn - 2 points for 3 cups. Filling and keeps your hands busy which I need towards the end of the day. If I have the extra points, butter and sea salt is going to happen.
- Tea and water - 0 points. Coffee gets me going in the mornings but tea and water keep me full the rest of the day. I've really been loving this blackberry tea lately and a lil H20 with a slice of lemon is pretty darn refreshing!
- English muffin - 3 points. When you need that carb fix, these are my go to. Bread is no longer in my wheel house so when I hit the carb craving, I turn to these.
- Eggs - 2 points per egg. I don't think I could ever give up eggs. I'm glad that I can still get my fill without maj points.
- Trader Joe's Bacon - 2 points for 3 slices. Granted, these aren't the uber thick 'n luscious cuts of meat, but man, they do the job when you need to fix that salt craving. Throw 'em in a lettuce wrap or chop 'em up for a salad. Delish.